What is your writing/editing experience?
- I have ten years experience working as a writer, novel editor, proofreader, and creative producer.
- I’ve written four sell-out critically-acclaimed theatre plays.
- I have a degree in Professional and Creative Writing, and I also studied Italian literature and film at the University Of Turin. I studied acting at the Prague Playhouse in Czechia, and I am TEFL certified.
What makes you different from all the other editors out there?
- I pride myself on my empathy, clarity, and straightforwardness. I will always tell you how it is because I believe great writing and editing alike require great honesty. Gentle but firm is my motto.
- My background in theatre makes me a specialist in plot, comedy, and dialogue. I have a deep understanding of these elements that I feel a lot of other writers and editors just don’t have.
- US English, UK English, Aussie slang … I can handle pretty much any lingo you throw at me!
- If you’re interested in my editing services, as well as editing your work using “track changes”, I’ll also provide a couple of pages of notes on how to improve your manuscript and your career.
Can you show me some samples of your editing or freelance writing work?
Sure, you can see samples of my writing and definitely my sense of humour on my blog. If you’re interested in seeing examples of my editing work, please send me a message detailing what type of editing you’re interested in and I’ll send you some Word documents.
As an editor, what sort of manuscripts are you looking for?
I specialise in comedy, but beyond that, I love speculative fiction, sci-fi in particular. I love just about anything fresh, and edgy, anything that asks the reader to see the world in a different, unique way.
To give you an idea of what tickles my funny bone …
My favourite novel of all time is The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy.
Douglas Adams, Shaun Micallef, Frank Woodley, Peter Serafinowicz, Dr. Brown, Carlo Jacucci, Monty Python, Tim Key, Steve Coogan, Claudia O’Doherty, Alex Williamson, Spike Milligan, The Goons, Michael Palin, John Cleese, Stewart Lee, Eddie Izzard, Ross Noble, Billy Connoly, Jim Carey, Dave Chapell, Tom Green, Leslie Nielson, Tommy Cooper, Magda Szubanski, Jimeoin, Carl Baron, Audrey Hepburn, Glenn Robbins, Trey Parker & Matt Stone, Graham Linehan, Jane Turner & Gina Riley, Samuel Beckett, Joss Whedon, William Shakespeare, David Williamson, JK Rowling, John Green, Kurt Vonnegut, Charles Dickens, Andrea Camilleri, Jane Austen, Ernest Hemingway, HG Wells, John Keats, WB Yeats, Michael Leunig, Gary Larson, The Oatmeal … just to name a few!
See a name you like? Then we’re probably on the same wave length! 🙂
***Please be aware, I don’t take on every manuscript that is sent to me. I’m really looking for writers who inspire me or make me laugh (or cry for that matter). If you choose to get in contact, please tell me a little about yourself and what your creative ambitions are. I strive to create a writer-editor partnership with my authors right from the start because I want to see you succeed not only with your manuscript but as a writer, whether you want to write the next Great Gatsby or you’re writing for pure enjoyment alone. I’m not interested in edit-and-run transactions. I’m interested in collaboration.***
Any other questions, please get in touch!